Tow ball cargo platform
A great alternative to a trailer, takes a maximum load of 75kg (tow bar nose weight dependent).
It’s ideal if you have a small boot or just want to keep the interior of your car clean. It’s got a multitude of uses, including transporting rubbish and garden waste, building materials, flat-pack furniture or small white goods, hay and straw bales, wheelchairs etc.
This platform is ideal if the space on your roof is already taken up with bikes/kayaks etc. It’s an incredibly solid alternative to a small trailer and the height makes it really easy and convenient to load.
- Maximum load: 75kg (dependent on the maximum noseweight of your tow ball).
- The arm is adjustable from 940mm to 1240mm in width and 97mm to 485mm in height (measured from the top of the tow ball) to accommodate different sized loads.
- The platform extends from 299mm to 598mm in length to allow loading of larger objects.
- Lockable – tow bar lock available separately (listed below)
- Durable, powder-coated steel construction.
- Removable, adjustable upright – for smaller loads, ease of storage and to allow access to your tailgate.
- Includes four pairs of straps to secure the load.
- The frame and arms have multiple points for securing the straps.
- Comes with a number plate holder in case it obscures your number plate, you will need a set of lights if your load obscures your lights.
- The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
- Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
- Not suitable for trailers, campers, or RVs