PLATFORM BIKE CARRIER
The Eazzy 1, new for 2019, is a really smart and well designed carrier for 1 bike, ideal for joining friends for weekend rides, or for trips to the local bike shop.
If you want a tilting rack, or you want to carry a long wheelbase bike, and/or an e-bike, you should have a look at the E-Scorpion 1.
The BUZZ RACK Eazzy 1 is a really well designed, well engineered piece of kit; smart, sophisticated and very good value for money.
Easy! The Eazzy 1 is very easy to fold which makes for easy lifting, easy carrying, easy fitting, easy storage in the car boot when you are out for a ride.
Folds to store in the car. This is really useful, because damage to tow bar carriers in car parks from other vehicles can be an issue.
More detail about folding: because the two wheel support trays fold into the bike holder uprights (there are straps to hold them closed) the Eazzy 1 is very easy to carry around, easy to fit and remove, and easy to store. The metal parts are steel, not aluminium, but because it’s a vertical 2-handed lift it feels surprisingly light, and there should be no strain on your back when moving it and fitting it.
Key features of the Eazzy 1
Assembly: The Eazzy 1 is supplied fully assembled, except for the lights which are attached with only 1 screw each side (which makes these lights particularly easy to replace if damaged) – all fittings and a tool are supplied.
Fitting to the car: You fit the Eazzy 1 in its folded state, which leaves you with all the space you need to work on the tow ball fitting system. When you first place it on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening wheel until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The videos show the initial assembly, and also fitting – both are well worth watching.
Lighting system: The Eazzy 1 comes with a 13 pin lighting system, including a reversing light 13 pin to 7 pin adapter is not included. (3 function 7 pin flat plug for AUS/NZ)
Carrying a bike
- The wheel holders will accommodate most wheelbases (not tandem!), even small children’s bikes. Check technical data below
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The Eazzy 1 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 20kg
- Bikes up to 20kg may be carried; the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″)
Other features and basic specifications
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- Dimensions: 109cm wide x 44cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder). 25cm wide when folded.
- Weight: 7.3kg
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- Not suitable for trailers, campers, or RVs
Max number of bikes: 1
Max weight per bike: 20kg
Max load capacity: 20kg
Max tire size: 3.25″
Max bike frame down tube size: diameter 75mm(3″)
Fits 50mm ISO tow ball: yes
Dimensions (width x depth): 113 x 75 cm
(measured from the centre of the tow ball mount to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
Integrated lighting board: yes
Lighting board plug type: 13 pin (7 pin flat plug for AUS/NZ)
Bike carrier to tow ball lock: yes
Bike carrier to bike lock: yes
The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
INSTRUCTIONS - VIDEO
Click on the link below to download: