PLATFORM BIKE CARRIER
NEW BUZZYBEE H series offer convenient mounting, basic functions and compact storage. The rubber pad offers a good solution for carbon frames fitting as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
If you don’t need a bike rack with a tilting function to access the trunk, then the BUZZYBEE H is the best possible option on the market. The rack still folds up when not in use.
The BUZZYBEE H2 is a very simple design; simple, strong, secure, super light and the best value for your money.
The BUZZYBEE H2 is very compact and light with a weight of 7.8kg (17.2lbs)!
Very compact geometry but fits most bike sizes!
Key features of the BUZZYBEE H2
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZYBEE H2 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the hitch receiver using the supplied wrench and you are ready to go!
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes.
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZYBEE H2 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber bike frame pads and high resistance straps hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 40kg (88lbs), with no bike weighing more than 20kg (44lbs)
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the BUZZYBEE H series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes); the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
Other features and basic specifications
- The BUZZYBEE H2 sits high on the hitch, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 88cm wide x 77cm deep
- Weight: 7.8kg (17.2lbs)
- Reflective red stickers on the wheel supports
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
Max number of bikes: 2
Max weight per bike: 20kg (44lbs)
Max load capacity: 40kg (88lbs)
Max tire size: 3.25″
Max bike frame down tube size: diameter 75mm(3″)
Fits 1.25″ and 2″: yes
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 88 x 77 x 84 cm
Weight: 7.8kg (17.2lbs)
Folds up: yes
Locks to the car: no
Locks bikes: no
Click on the link below to download: