PLATFORM BIKE CARRIER
The BUZZRACER H2 series offer easy mounting, basic functions and compact storage. The rubber pad offers a good solution for carbon frames fitting as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
The BUZZRACER H is an improved version of the BUZZYBEE H with its balance tilting function, ratchet frame holder and locking features. The rack still folds up when not in use.
The BUZZRACER H2 is a very simple product with all the main features needed to carry a regular bike: tilting, locking, folding.
The BUZZRACER H2 is very compact and light with a weight of 11.3kg (24.9lbs)!
Very compact geometry but fits most bike sizes!
Key features of the BUZZRACER H2
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZRACER H2 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the hitch receiver using the supplied wrench and you are ready to go!
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes.
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZRACER H2 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 40kg (88lbs), with no bike weighing more than 20kg (44lbs)
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the BUZZRACER series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes); the down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- There is a built-in locking cable to secure your bikes; as usual with cable locks, it’s a deterrent only.
Other features and basic specifications
- The BUZZRACER H2 sits high on the hitch, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- It easily tilts down for trunk access with bikes on
- Dimensions: 88cm wide x 83cm deep
- Weight: 11.3kg (24.9lbs)
- Reflective red stickers on the wheel supports
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
Max number of bikes: 2
Max weight per bike: 20kg (44lbs)
Max load capacity: 40kg (88lbs)
Max tire size: 3.25″
Max bike frame down tube size: diameter 75mm(3″)
Fits 1.25″ and 2″: yes
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 88 x 83 x 84 cm
Weight: 11.3kg (24.9lbs)
Folds up: yes
Locks to the car: yes
Locks bikes: yes
Click on the link below to download: