When it comes to transport of one heavy bike such as MTB or E-bike, the e-SCORPION 1 would be the supreme choice. High load capacity, fully foldable, easy-to-use with great stability, durability and a touch of simplicity in design.
The E-Scorpion 1 is a hugely versatile rack that can take a large range of different types of bikes. Whatever bike you have now (or in the future) the E-Scorpion 1 should be able to accommodate it.
What’s the big deal about the Buzz E-Scorpion? Fundamentally it’s down to design, safety, quality, and ease of use – passes the highest safety standards. Consider the following:
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls.
- The Buzz E-Scorpion is particularly well balanced – you can let go once you’ve placed it on the tow ball, which makes fitting the rack much easier.
- You mount it to the tow ball from folded, this gives you loads of space to fit it to the car (no bashing shins or straining your back).
- It’s easy to fit to the tow ball. Fitting is a matter of spinning a hand-turning wheel, a really quick, easy and ergonomically satisfactory thing to do. Turn the key in the tightening wheel and the carrier is then locked to the tow ball. Additional tensioning is sometimes required (using the integrated handle), depending on the tow ball, to make sure the carrier is firm.
- It sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- The wheel holders will accommodate larger wheelbases; up to 129.5cm.
- Ratchet straps allow a quick and secure attachment of the wheels, long straps can accommodate tyres up to 4” wide.
- Lockable frame arms hold your bike securely and can be attached to any part of the frame, or the seat post.
- Locks to the tow ball.
- The upright can be raised so it’s suitable for bikes with very large frames.
- It tilts to allow access to the boot, even with the bikes fitted. It is genuinely easy to tilt and well balanced during the tilting phase.
- Dimensions: 134 x 57cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight: 13.5kg.
- It folds so you can easily store it in your boot when required, making finding a parking space before your ride much easier. It’s even small enough to fit it in the back of the car if your boot is full.
- A built-in transport wheel makes it as easy as possible to get the rack to and from your car. You won’t even need to lift the rack until you put it on the tow bar. Because it folds it’s much easier to maneuver.
- Comes with a 5 function 13 pin lighting system.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- A loading ramp is available separately.
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. All tools you might need are provided.
- We also think it looks great!
Max number of bikes: 1
Max weight per bike: 30kg
Max load capacity: 30kg
Max tire size: 4″
Fits 50mm ISO tow ball: yes
Dimensions (width x depth): 134 x 57 cm
(measured from the centre of the tow ball mount to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
Integrated lighting board: yes
Lighting board plug type: 13 pin
Bike carrier to tow ball lock: yes
Bike carrier to bike lock: yes
The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
INSTRUCTIONS - VIDEO
Click on the link below to download: