PLATFORM BIKE CARRIER
BUZZYBEE series offer convenient mounting, basic functions and compact storage. The rubber pad offers a good solution for carbon frames fitting as it does not apply pressure to the carbon tubes.
If you don’t need a bike rack with a tilting function to access the trunk, then the BUZZYBEE is the best possible option on the market.
The BUZZYBEE 2 is a very simple designed; simple, strong, secure and the best value for your money.
The BUZZYBEE 2 is very compact and light with a weight of 8.5kg!
Very compact geometry but fits most bike sizes!
Key features of the BUZZYBEE 2
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, BUZZYBEE 2 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, assemble the light support with 2 more screws, install the license plate, slide in the plastic wheel supports, fit the rack to the tow ball with no tools needed and you are ready to go!
Fitting to the car: When you first place the BUZZYBEE 2 on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening knob until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The video below shows the fitting to the car and the installation of bikes.
Lighting system: The BUZZYBEE 2 comes with a 7 pin lighting system. 7 pin to 13 pin adapter is not included but can be purchased as an option.
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases, even small children’s bikes. You can reverse the wheel supports for the really small bikes.
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The BUZZYBEE 2 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber bike frame pads and high resistance straps hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 40kg, with no bike weighing more than 20kg
- Electric bikes up to 20kg may be carried, although the BUZZYBEE series is not optimised for e-bikes (see E-Scorpion for e-bikes); whatever bikes you have, always load the heaviest bikes nearest to the car
- There is a built in locking cable to secure your bikes; as usual with cable locks, it’s a deterrent only.
Other features and basic specifications
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls we see occasionally that do not meet standards for neck length or ball diameter.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- The BUZZYBEE 2 sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 88cm wide x 52cm deep (measured from the centre of the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight: 8.5kg
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
Max number of bikes: 2
Max weight per bike: 20kg
Max load capacity: 40kg
Max tire size: 3.25″
Fits all ISO 50mm tow ball: yes
Dimensions (width x depth x height): 88 x 58 x 70 cm (Height 24cm when folded)
Integrated lighting board: yes
Lighting board plug type: 7 pin
Bike carrier to tow ball lock: yes
Bike carrier to bike lock: no
The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
Click on the link below to download: