The BUZZ RACK Eazzy 1 is a really well designed, well engineered piece of kit; smart, sophisticated and very good value for money.
Easy! The Eazzy 1 is very easy to fold which makes for easy lifting, easy carrying, easy fitting, easy storage in the car boot when you are out for a ride.
Folds to store in the car. This is really useful, because damage to tow bar carriers in car parks from other vehicles can be an issue.
More detail about folding: because the two wheel support trays fold into the bike holder uprights (there are straps to hold them closed) the Eazzy 1 is very easy to carry around, easy to fit and remove, and easy to store. The metal parts are steel, not aluminium, but because it’s a vertical 2-handed lift it feels surprisingly light, and there should be no strain on your back when moving it and fitting it.
Key features of the Eazzy 1
Assembly: The Eazzy 1 is supplied fully assembled, except for the lights which are attached with only 1 screw each side (which makes these lights particularly easy to replace if damaged) – all fittings and a tool are supplied.
Fitting to the car: You fit the Eazzy 1 in its folded state, which leaves you with all the space you need to work on the tow ball fitting system. When you first place it on the tow ball it supports itself – you can let go of it and it won’t fall to the ground. You’ll then take the weight again, spin the tightening wheel until it’s tight, and lock it. BUZZRACK‘s carriers comply with the very exacting standard XPR-18-904-4 and therefore include an anti-sway tensioner; this has an integrated handle and 2 or 3 turns are usually sufficient. The videos show the initial assembly, and also fitting – both are well worth watching.
Lighting system: The Eazzy 1 comes with a 13 pin lighting system, including a reversing light 13 pin to 7 pin adapter is not included.
Other features and specifications:
Carrying a bike
- The wheel holders will accommodate most wheelbases (not tandem!), even small children’s bikes. Check technical data below
- The long wheel rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 3.25” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The Eazzy 1 is entirely suitable for carbon frame bikes; the rubber-padded bike frame cradles rotate 360 degrees and, again using rubber-padded straps, they hold any type of tube firmly but gently.
- The maximum permitted load is 20kg
- The down tube size is limited to 75mm diameter (3″)
Other features and basic specifications
- The patented conical fitting fits to all tow balls, even to the bolt-on tow balls.
- A reminder that it locks to the tow ball.
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- The maximum permitted load you can carry is also determined by the tow bar nose weight; you will need to check you don’t exceed this before using any tow ball mounted bike carrier.
- Requires 65mm clearance from center of tow ball to rear of vehicle.
- Not suitable for trailers, campers, or RVs